What's New!

WHAT'S NEW:



Pop for a Cause, Inc. is now a registered 501(c)3 and offers SSL hours! Need hours? Sign up to become an ambassador below and make popcorn to make a difference!

https://linktr.ee/popforacause


July 1st, 2021: 

We are moving into a commercial kitchen and are ready for a WHOLE lot more popping! Our kitchen is located in Mainstreet which is completely aligned with the Pop for a Cause mission. Mainstreet is an inclusive apartment building and community center located in Maryland, where 25% of the building’s 70 units are set aside for adults with disabilities and the remaining 75% are affordable housing options for all.


June 25th, 2021:

We have VERY exciting news… Pop for a Cause is now a certified 501(c)3, non-profit organization and IRS Qualified Charity! It may have taken over 100 days to get this status, but we did it! Many more exciting announcements about Pop for a Cause, Inc. are under wraps but are coming soon - so stay tuned!


June 6th, 2021: 

Pop for a Cause had its first in-person workshop since the start of COVID-19 with the current COTM (cause of the month): Friendship Circle! The mission of The Friendship Circle is to provide every child with special needs in our local area the friendship, inclusion and emotional support that they deserve. Amanda and Friendship Circle Board Members led a popcorn-making workshop which was a total success!


February 2021:

Pop for a Cause makes more news and was featured in an article in the Churchill Observer entitled “Pop for a Cause: a healthy delicious way to give back and make a difference.” Thank you to Jordan Pashkoff for including information about Pop for a Cause and our mission in this amazing article. 

https://www.thechurchillobserver.com/features/2021/02/22/pop-for-a-cause-a-healthy-delicious-way-to-give-back-and-make-a-difference/


October 2021:

Pop for a Cause established its partnership with DC Partybox, an awesome Drive-In movie venue located in Maryland. Pop for a Cause is now the sole popcorn supplier for this awesome venue!


May 1st, 2021:

Amanda spoke about Pop for a Cause on an amazing podcast entitled “Hello World: the Future is Female.” Hosted by Isabella Delbakhsh, this podcast uncovers the powerful and pivotal women leading our world to a better and brighter future. Listen below!


https://open.spotify.com/episode/2EJUlFLipMgBU8wvmVEhXG



February 1st, 2021

We now offer a new flavor: Hot Chocolate Marshmallow! Anyone else miss hot chocolate from winter time? This sweet popcorn will bring you right back to those days with delicious popcorn that tastes just like hot chocolate, along with delicious chocolate chip and mini marshmallow mixins!


January 1st, 2021

Pop for a Cause makes news! Pop for a Cause was featured on Fox 5 11+ times on January 7th! Amanda talked about her mission with Pop for a Cause and some of the great things Pop for a Cause is up to!


September 1st, 2020

Amanda spoke at a panel entitled “Pandemic Pivots” joined by other students who made a difference during the COVID-19 pandemic. 


August 1st, 2020

Our new cause of the month is the Fourward 4H fund! Amanda feels strongly that the growing opportunity gap is a very important issue that tends to be overlooked. While navigating the COVID-19 crisis, an undeniable truth is found: our nation’s youth are hurting. 12 million youth don’t have access to the internet at home and are missing out on virtual learning and connections. By buying our popcorn, you are helping supply and send educational kits to youth who don’t have access to virtual learning opportunities like camps and academic support – engaging them through fun, hands-on activities and skill-based learning.


July 1st, 2020

We are now able to ship nationwide - anywhere in the USA!


June 1st, 2020

Amanda got to work from that night on, making calls, watching videos, reading articles, taking feedback, until she was able to launch Pop for a Cause and her website went live! Amanda decided she wanted to donate every penny of profits to charitable causes to make a difference in the community, and hopefully the world!


May 1st, 2020

Amanda Kossoff, CEO and President of Pop for a Cause, sat down to enjoy watching a movie with her younger sister on a regular night of quarantine. She winced at the artificial yellow colored, perfluorinated compounds containing, Diacetyl infused microwavable popcorn. From that night on, she got to work, baking, taste testing, and picture taking, until she reached perfect, delicious air-popped, homemade popcorn!